Sunday, October 7, 2007

UC Gilgamesh play

I thought the play was good. It was broken up into two parts because of the intermission. I liked the first part. The second part after the intermission was very boring. I felt like I wanted to leave but I couldn’t because I was sitting next to my professor. LOL .He wouldn’t have cared but I could tell that he didn’t like it either because of his facial expressions. The play was funny even though the funny parts weren’t meant intentionally.

It was funny how I missed out a few parts in the book because certain stuff happened in the play that I didn’t know was in the book. For example, when Gilgamesh went to the bottom of the sea to get a prickly plant, the next day the snake took the plant. It was acted out in the play but I can’t remember reading about. I didn’t like reading the book but I liked parts of the play. I found it funny how the people came out with cardboards shaped as animals running across the stage. Funny. The actors could have least been graceful it looked kind of cheesy. One thing i really liked was the forest. They made it looked HOT. For a minute i thought it was a real forest. To sum it all up it was a 6 out of 10.

No comments: